Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog Entry 12: Reflection and Evaluation

  Today is the first day to come back to school after spring break.  After I wrote 11 pieces of essay, I reviewed my essays from 1 to 11.  I found that my writting is better than before.  I am not nevous anymore when I take the exam.  My thoughts is clear, and I can move ahead when I write my paper essays. 
  I know that  it needs a long time  for me to improve my writing skill, because English is my second lanuage.  I cannot success in a short time.  And sometimes I will be too worried about the result of the exam, so there was a period of time that I stoped in a spot so that I cannot move on.  In that time I was so sad, but my professor helped me a lot.  Now I am be better than before.  Throught out my essay, I divide it into three parts to say here.  They are the beginning, the body and the ending.
  In the beginning of my essay, it is introduction.  It is about a short claim which I understand from an assignment.  It is hard for me to find the claim of the author, because there are many words in the assignment that I do not know.  Therefore, it usually takes me a long time to read an assignment and understand what it say at all.  This is I need to improve in my writing. 
 In the second paragraph of my essay is usually the summary of the assignment.  It also belongs to my beginning of my essay.  Sometime I did well in this part, but sometimes not.  It means that I need to pratice.  In the end of this paragraph,  I often show my claim to the assignment.  And the last sentence I will write a connection to next paragraph.
  In the body, I usually wrote my experience directly before.  I did not know I need to write a central sentence first in my first sentence.  I often skipped this parts, and I did not give the points to explain why I had this claim.  Now I know that I need to give at least two points to explain my claim.
  In addition, I did not use my personal experience in my essay before.  And my tone of my essay, I did not use the first person "I" to write my essay.  Now I also know that it is better to use my personal expriences in my exampl and to be a first person to write my opinion.
  Furthermore, sometimes I did not connect well between my experience and my claim.  It makes me cannot move ahead.  And I often fogort to add an connection of the author's claim.
  In the end of my essay, I think I did well in this part, because I often went back to the author's claim.  I need to be careful that I cannot add an new experience and claim here.

No comments:

Post a Comment